Leasing policy and procedures are reflected in the Leasing Desk Guide and through other policy information such as Leasing Alerts, Lease Acquisition Circulars, and Realty Services Letters.
Policies are effective until they are canceled by additional LDG issuances, Leasing Alerts, or LACs.
The LDG chapters contain authorities, policies, technical and procedural guides, and administrative limitations governing the acquisition of real property; use it to understand typical considerations, process steps, and requirements of lease acquisitions.
You may download the individual LDG chapters below.
- Chapter Introduction (9.30.11) [PDF - 157 KB]
- Chapter 1: Requirements Development (6.7.19) [PDF - 471 KB]
- Chapter 2: New or Replacing Lease (8.29.22) [PDF - 1 MB]
- Chapter 3: Simplified Lease Acquisition (12.13.21) [PDF - 1 MB]
- Chapter 4: Streamlined Lease - Pending Update (9.6.22) [PDF - 147 KB]
- Chapter 5: Succeeding Lease Superseding Lease (5.20.21) [PDF - 5 MB]
- Chapter 6: Change in Square Footage-Expansion and Reduction (12.19.19) [PDF - 639 KB]
- Chapter 7: Lease Extensions (2.15.11) [PDF - 71 KB]
- Chapter 8: Alterations in Leased Space (5.31.11) [PDF - 586 KB]
- Chapter 9: Renewal Options (4.4.22) [PDF - 1 MB]
- Chapter 10: Lease Holdovers, Standstill Agreements and Condemnations (2.15.11) [PDF - 576 KB]
- Chapter 11: Prospectus Level Leases (7.1.22) [PDF - 820 KB]
- Chapter 12: Disaster Leasing (2.5.19) [PDF - 7 MB]
- Chapter 13: Source Selection (9.27.11) [PDF - 260 KB]
- Chapter 14: Lease Acquisitions Involving New Building Construction (8.30.18) [PDF - 2 MB]
- Chapter 15: Hoteling - Pending Update
- Chapter 16: National Broker Contract Leases (9.30.10) [PDF - 466 KB]
- Chapter 17: Lease Administration (11.22.19) [PDF - 1 MB]
- Chapter 18: Chapter 18: Sustainability and Environmental Considerations (10.2.23) [PDF - 326 KB]
- Chapter 19: Security (9.28.12) [PDF - 5 MB]
- Chapter 20: On-Airport Leasing for TSA and Other Agencies (10.27.10) [PDF - 4 MB]
- Chapter 21: Warehouse Leases (5.5.14) [PDF - 1 MB]
- Chapter 22: Automated Advanced Acquisition Program (AAAP) (5.1.17) [PDF - 5 MB]
- Chapter 23:Lease Acquisitions Using Unusual and Compelling Urgency (4.2.20) [PDF - 1 MB]
- Chapter 24: Lease Delegations (9.10.20) [PDF - 839 KB]
- Appendix A: Terminology (2.23.11) [PDF - 2 MB]
- **Canceled by Leasing Alert LA-19-03** Appendix B: Lease File Checklists (11.21.13)
- **Canceled by Leasing Alert LA-20-09** Appendix C: Templates, Forms, and Other Guidance (2.25.15)
- Appendix D: Fire Protection and Life Safety (5.11.15) [PDF - 3 MB]
- Appendix E: Accessibility (1.18.11) [PDF - 143 KB]
- Appendix F: Determination of Operating or Capital Lease Classification for Budget Scoring (3.15.23) [PDF - 610 KB]
- Appendix G: Seismic Safety in Leasing (9.18.12) [PDF - 1 MB]
- Appendix H: Parking Acquisition (10.31.13) [PDF - 122 KB]
Realty Services Letters
RSLs are no longer issued. In any instance of overlap or discrepancy between an RSL and either a Leasing Alert or a LAC, the Leasing Alerts and LACs are the final authoritative source of leasing policy and guidance.