The Lease Contract Administration (LCA) team processes real estate taxes, operating cost adjustments, step rents (rent adjustments), and changes of ownership/novations for all GSA leases. The LCA team also conducts annual audits of each lease file to ensure lease language is correctly reflected in our financial systems so we know we are paying lessors accurately and timely.
The team is divided into 3 Zonal teams who serve all 11 GSA Regions.
Zone 1 (regions 1, 2, 3, 5, 11)
If you have questions, contact Zone1.LCA.Inquiries@gsa.gov.
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- Washington, D.C. metropolitan area
Zone 2 (regions 4, 6, 7)
If you have questions, contact Zone2LCA@gsa.gov.
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Zone 3 (regions 8, 9, 10)
If you have questions, contact Zone3.LCA.Inquiries@gsa.gov.
- American Samoa
- East Asia
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
FAR 42.1204 provides a framework for the government to recognize a change of ownership (i.e., when a lessor buys or sells a property where a government tenant resides). You may use the Sample Novation Agreement for GSA's Leases [PDF - 366 KB] for reference to transfer ownership.
- PAYMENT: The current contract terms do not change and we will continue to pay the current lessor until the lease is amended to recognize the new owner as the lessor.
- PREPARATION: Start the process early—the standard Change of Ownership clause requires the lessor to inform us within 5 days of transfer of title.
- PROCESS: The seller must maintain its System for Award Management (SAM) registration. The buyer must provide proof of active SAM registration for All Awards for the Novation to be completed.
To request a change of ownership, fill out our novation request form.
If you need help, find the Zone to which your state belongs and contact the corresponding email.