Reimbursable Services (RS) Program

The paper/PDF version of the GSA 2957 is no longer accepted from Federal customers. Federal customers are required to send all RWA and Work Request information to GSA via eRETA.

Reimbursable Work Authorizations (RWAs) are formal agreements between GSA and a customer whereby GSA agrees to provide goods and/or services and the customer agrees to reimburse GSA's direct and indirect costs.

RWA Work Requests (WRs) are sent by a customer to PBS as an identification of a need for a project or service. A WR does not become an RWA until requirements are developed and it is signed by the customer and PBS.

Upcoming Presentations

Kick off the new Fiscal Year with eRETA! Register below for one of our training sessions to learn how to electronically manage your RWAs! These presentations are part of GSA's Client Enrichment Series. More info can be found at

  • eRETA Digest - features highlights from past Overview and Advanced sessions
  • eRETA Advanced - How do I...? Feature Focus Sessions (attending an Overview session and gaining access to eRETA are strongly encouraged prior to attending these advanced sessions)

Read the eRETA one-pager [PDF - 177 KB] and visit to learn how to gain access and utilize training materials such as user guides, video demonstrations, and more!

RETA logo September 2018



National Policy Document for RWAs

This document disseminates the RWA National Policy Document, in its entirety, with the goal of promoting clear and consistent understanding of the Reimbursable Services Program and governing policies.

National Policy Document for Reimbursable Work Authorizations [PDF - 3 MB] December 2017

Submitting RWAs and RWA Work Requests to GSA

Are you a Federal customer? (Federal customers include all Executive Branch agencies and the Judiciary)

  • If yes, then you must use eRETA to electronically submit all RWA and RWA Work Request information to GSA. Visit for information on gaining eRETA access as well as training materials on how to use the system.

Are you a non-Federal customer? (non-Federal customers include private entities and state and local governments)

  • If yes, contact the appropriate Regional RWA Manager who will ensure your request is routed to the appropriate regional POCs to develop requirements on your project or service. Once requirements are fully developed you’ll complete the RWA Form 2957 and send to the same Regional RWA Manager.
Last Reviewed: 2020-01-08