Resources for Federal Agencies
GSA provides guidance and support for work-site child care centers in federally controlled facilities to assist employees providing care to a dependent:
- Authorities in the Resource Library
- Starting a Child Development Center
- Presidential Memorandum on Enhancing Workplace Flexibilities and Work-Life Program
- OPM guidance on Child Care Subsidies for Federal Employees
- Locate your GSA Child Care Coordinator for more information
How to set up a child care center in GSA-managed space
Federal agencies setting up a child care center in a GSA-managed building must work with GSA. You can work with other agencies to jointly sponsor a center. View the Starting a Child Care Development Center [PDF - 2 MB] checklist, which explains how to:
- Form an organizing committee and establish interagency agreements.
- Seek building services, providers, and program oversight.
- Secure licenses and insurance.
Additional ways federal agencies can support child care programs:
- Use appropriated funds or recycling rebates for your tuition assistance program.
- Give your employees official time off to serve on the board of directors.