Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions
New: IT modernization
There are five new use cases for SD-WAN, Ethernet, IPv6, IP Voice and Traditional TIC to assist agencies in modernizing IT infrastructure.
Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) and Broadband Internet Services (BIS) added to EIS
- TIC service provides networking solutions with built-in security that map to agency requirements and CISA's TIC 3.0 guidance for Traditional TIC, Branch Office, Remote User and future cases
- Broadband Internet Service (BIS) adds a lower cost network transport option for connecting users to agency networks and Cloud services, supports the Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) service and contributes to zero-trust solutions in response to the recent Executive order on Improving the Nation's Cybersecurity.
For more information read Moving IT Modernization forward with EIS and TIC 3.0 [PDF - 525 KB] or contact SDIntake@gsa.gov.
EIS transition: telecom contracts extended until May 2023
Here’s the new timeline:
- October 1, 2020 — Freeze on modifications to Networx and WITS3 and orders for the Local Service Contracts begins
- March 31, 2021 — 50% of your agency’s telecom inventory must be moved to EIS
- March 31, 2022 — 90% of your agency’s telecom inventory must be moved to EIS
- September 30, 2022 — 100% of your agency’s telecom inventory must be moved to EIS
- May 31, 2023 — Networx, WITS3, and Local Service telecom contracts expire
Learn about the restrictions and limitations on extended contracts in this letter to all Agency Transition Sponsors.
OMB announced the designation of Best-in-Class for the EIS contract. The BIC-designation for EIS represents a preferred governmentwide solution and provides a unique opportunity to leverage the government’s buying power.
Enterprise infrastructure solutions (EIS) awarded
GSA announced the award of EIS on July 31, 2017. Access the EIS contract sections and official award announcement on the new beta.SAM.gov website.
- EIS fact sheet [DOCX - 35 KB]
- EIS questions and answers [DOCX - 26 KB]
- EIS services and CBSAs awarded
Learn more about EIS resources.
EIS is a comprehensive solution-based vehicle to address all aspects of federal agency IT telecommunications, and infrastructure requirements. Learn about EIS basics.
Type of contract: Multiple award, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) — FAR Part 15
Period of performance: Base period: 7/31/2017–7/30/2022, option period 1: 7/31/2022–7/30/2027, option period 2: 7/31/2027–7/30/2032
Ceiling: $50 Billion
Task orders: Task orders may be fixed price or time and materials, and orders are limited in size per FAR Clause 52.216-19 in Section I of the contract
How to order
- Download Fair Opportunity and Ordering Guide [PDF - 9 MB]
- Request a delegation of procurement authority (DPA)
- Request an in-scope review
Basics of EIS
Learn more about our industry partners and solutions providers.
Browse resources available for EIS.
- Fair Opportunity and Ordering Guide [PDF - 9 MB]
- EIS Management and Operations (MOPS) handbook [DOCX - 1 MB]
- EIS contracting frequently asked questions (FAQ) [DOCX - 57 KB]
- View a complete list of EIS resources
The shortcut for this page is gsa.gov/eis.