Identity, Credential, and Access Management
Identity, credential, and access management (ICAM) comprises the tools, policies and systems that allow an organization to manage, monitor and secure access to protected resources. The Federal ICAM (FICAM) program, managed by GSA’s Office of Information Integrity and Access, provides collaboration opportunities and guidance on IT policy, standards, implementation and architecture, to help federal agencies implement ICAM. We also:
- Manage the design, development and implementation of the Federal Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Architecture in the Federal PKI Shared Service Provider Program; and
- Co-chair the interagency Federal PKI Policy Authority to uphold digital certificate standards for government-wide trusted digital identity and transactions.
Find a comprehensive list of laws, regulations and policies related to FICAM and identity management on IDManagement.gov.
Playbooks and implementation guidance to help agencies implement FICAM.
- FICAM Roadmap and Implementation Guidance (PDF, December 2011)
- FICAM Architecture Playbook
- PIV Usage Guides Playbook
- Federal PKI Guides Playbook
- NIST Computer Security Resource Center
Visit IDManagement.gov to learn about identity management activities across the federal government, and contact us at email@example.com with questions.