Maintenance Control Center (MCC)

Maintenance Control Center (MCC)

You can find information about mechanical repairs for GSA Fleet vehicles through the Maintenance Control Center (MCC). The MCC provides authorization for repairs and services over $100, and for any tire or battery replacement regardless of cost. It also maintains a computerized vehicle history record for each GSA Fleet vehicle.

Hours of operation are 7:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. EST, Monday through Friday.

To contact the MCC, call 866-400-0411 and follow the menu options.

Download the GSA Fleet Vehicle Guide [PDF - 15 MB].

Europe Maintenance Control Center (MCC)

To reach the MCC serving Europe, the Middle East, or Africa, contact:

Country DSN CIV Email

526-1893 (AMC)

546-7419 (MCC)

+49-(0)611-143-546-7419 (AMC)
+49-(0)9641-70-526-1893 (MCC)

Belgium 597-5330 +32-68-25-5330
Italy 633-8276


Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands MCC

To reach the MCC serving Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Monday - Friday from 7:00 A.M. (AST) to 5:00 P.M. (AST), contact:

Phone Numbers: 855-213-3241
Fax Number: 787-277-7529

Other Locations

If you are located outside of the United States, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, or Italy, GSA Fleet cannot provide assistance with vehicle repairs. You must make all arrangements to tow and repair at your agency's expense. Contact your agency for additional information.


Nearly 90 percent of GSA Fleet vehicles are light-duty and are covered by the following explanation. General Motors (GM), Chrysler, and Ford offer a similar basic warranty for light vehicles. This bumper to bumper warranty is for 36 months or 36,000 miles. The warranty covers all repairs on the vehicle except wear items and items damaged by abuse or neglect. Hyundai has a similar basic warranty with a different time frame of 60 months and 60,000 miles. Wear items are normally defined as:

  • Tires;
  • Oil changes;
  • Filters;
  • Brake pads or shoes;
  • Wiper blades;
  • Belts;
  • Bulbs; and
  • Fuses.

Powertrain warranties for light-duty vehicles normally cover all internal parts for:

  • Engines;
  • Transmissions;
  • Transfer cases; and
  • Rear and front end issues.

These warranties vary by manufacturer for time and mileage duration. The following information is subject to change. It is best to contact the GSA Fleet MCC or the vehicle manufacturer before servicing your vehicle:

  • Chrysler: for 2015 forward runs 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.
  • Ford: 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first;
    • Ford Police Interceptor is 5 years/100,000 miles
  • GM:
    • for model year 2018 runs 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first;
    • 2015 through 2017 and 2019 are 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first
  • Honda: 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first;
  • Hyundai: 10 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first;
  • Kia:10 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first;
  • Mercedes Benz: 5 years/100,000 miles,whichever comes first;
  • Mitsubishi: Lancer Evolution/Ralliart/ i-MiEV are 5 years/60,000 miles. All others are 10 years or 100,000 miles.
  • Nissan: 5 years/60,000 miles whichever comes first;
  • Stellantis (Fiat, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, RAM): 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first;
  • Suburu: 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.

If you have questions about what is covered in your vehicle's warranty, call your Fleet Service Representative (FSR), or the Maintenance Control Center (MCC) for additional information. The MCC's phone number is 866-400-0411, option 1.

You can find the warranty book for your GSA-owned vehicle in the vehicle's glove box.

OEMs provide detailed warranty information about what is and is not covered for each light-duty vehicle on their websites:

You can review the owner's manual for your ambulance, bus, or other large vehicle to find warranty information.

If you have questions about the warranty on one of these vehicles, call the MCC at 866-400-0411 and select option 1. Non-standard vehicles have a variety of OEM and component warranties. The MCC technician will help you determine if your issue is covered by the warranty.

Customer and Driver Information

You can find a range of services for the upkeep, repairs, and maintenance of your GSA-leased vehicle through the MCC. To contact the MCC, call 866-400-0411 and select option 1.

If your vehicle needs a repair, call the MCC at 866-400-0411, select option 1, and explain the nature of the problem. The specialist will ask for your GSA license plate number. This number is located in the lower left corner of the fleet service credit card issued with each vehicle. The specialist will recommend a shop to provide repairs. You will need to take the vehicle to the vendor and ask the vendor to call the MCC with a diagnosis, estimate of the problem, and cost of repair. Inform the vendor that no work or diagnosis will begin if the cost is more than $100, because all repairs over $100 must be authorized by the MCC.

To choose a repair vendor, call your Fleet Service Representative (FSR), or call the MCC at 866-400-0411 and select option 1. The MCC maintains an electronic list of thousands of vendors in the United States. An MCC specialist will provide you with the name, address, and phone number of a qualified vendor that has done business with GSA, based on your vehicle and location. The specialist will document the vendor and nature of the repair in GSA's Fleet Management Information System (FMIS).

Before taking your vehicle to a shop, call the MCC at 866-400-0411 and select option 1. The MCC specialist will assist you in finding the best repair facility in your local area. This will allow the MCC to make notes in GSA's FMIS about why and where the vehicle is being repaired.

To request a tow, call the MCC at 866-400-0411 and select option 1. Provide the specialist with the license plate number and mileage of the vehicle, and explain why the vehicle needs to be towed. The specialist will refer you to the manufacturer's roadside assistance or locate and connect you with a wrecker service. The specialist will also help you find a shop to repair the vehicle.

You can find information about your GSA vehicle's warranty coverage in the warranty book, which is normally located in the glove box of the vehicle. You can also find detailed warranty information on the manufacturer's website under the owner's section. Finally, you can contact the MCC, and a specialist will help you determine if the problem your vehicle is experiencing is covered under the warranty.

You can determine how often you need to change the oil on your GSA vehicle based on whether or not it has an oil life sensor (OLS) service light. Vehicles with an OLS only require preventative maintenance (PM) when the OLS service light comes on, or once a year if it does not come on. Vehicles that do not have an OLS light typically require PM once a year, or every 7,500 miles. If you have questions, contact the MCC and give the specialist your government vehicle license plate number. The specialist can tell you when your next PM is due. If you take a GSA vehicle with an OLS to a shop, remind the vendor to reset the OLS system after the PM is performed.

After the PM is completed, go to GSA's Fleet Drive-thru website, login, and use PM Express to report the mileage and date of the PM.

If you need to replace the tires or battery on a GSA vehicle, call the MCC at 866-400-0411. The specialist will help you choose an approved local shop for this maintenance. GSA takes special interest in these items due to warranties on batteries, and special GSA pricing for tires.

When taking a GSA-leased vehicle to the shop, remember that you can only authorize up to $100 in repairs with your fleet service card. Only purchase services that are essential to maintain the vehicle, and decline additional services offered by the vendor. For repairs under $100, the vendor can call WEX at 866-WEX-4GSA (866-939-4472) to facilitate payment. If the repair will closely approach or exceed $100, the vendor must call the MCC at 866-400-0411 and select option 1 before doing any work. The MCC will handle approval of specific repair items and any negotiations with the vendor, and arrange authorization and payment when the repair is complete. After the repairs are complete, you can pick up the vehicle at the shop.

Once the MCC-authorized repairs are complete, the vendor must call the MCC at 866-400-0411 and select option 1 to close out the repair and receive payment. GSA pays most vendors with a MasterCard over the phone.

For after-hours, weekend, and holiday repairs, contact WEX at 866-939-4472. A specialist will assist you with repairs up to $500. If the repairs are over $500, a GSA manager will assist you.

Some new GSA leased vehicles come with a free preventative maintenance program provided by the manufacturer, this may include scheduled oil changes, tire rotations, and vehicle inspections. Please consult the vehicle owner's manual or contact your FSR for specific information or guidance.

You can always contact your FSR or call the MCC at 866-400-0411, and select option 1.

Your vehicle is equipped with either a spare tire or a tire inflator kit. If you can safely replace the spare or repair the tire with the inflator kit, do so.

Important Notes:

  • When using the spare tire or a tire repaired with the inflator kit, you must get to a vendor that can properly repair or replace the tire as soon as possible (typically within 50 miles). Please note that vehicles using these tires are not safe at speeds over 50 miles per hour.
  • Tire inflator kits cannot repair all flat tires. They are designed to repair punctures in the tire tread. The kits cannot repair punctures on the sidewall or larger than a quarter of an inch wide.

You can also take advantage of the vehicle's roadside assistance coverage. Most vehicles come with roadside assistance as part of the warranty coverage from the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).

For more information on the roadside assistance options available for your vehicle, please check your owner's manual, visit the Roadside Assistance page, or call the MCC at 866-400-0411 and select option 1.

If you have any questions about this process, contact the MCC. The specialist will help you find roadside assistance and locate a tire vendor.

Vendor Information

If you are a vendor with a GSA Fleet vehicle in your shop, you must contact the Maintenance Control Center (MCC) before doing any of the following:

  • Repairs over $100
  • Repairs on tires
  • Repairs on batteries

Drivers do not own vehicles and cannot authorize or pay for repairs over $100. Contact MCC at 866-400-0411 to authorize repairs Monday through Friday from 7:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. EST.

You can verify if a vehicle is a GSA Fleet vehicle by checking the vehicle's license plate number. The vehicle should have a U.S. Government license plate on the front and back of the vehicle that begins with "G," followed by two numbers and a hyphen. The fleet service card, provided by the driver, will say "GSA Fleet" and will include the license plate number in the lower left corner.

Once you determine that the vehicle is a GSA Fleet vehicle, provide the driver with an estimate of the repair cost. If the estimate is over $100, or involves tires or batteries, you must call the MCC at 866-400-0411 for authorization before beginning any work. Have the vehicle's license plate (tag) number and mileage ready so the MCC specialist can initiate a repair authorization.

The MCC specialist will negotiate the repairs, cost, and payment, and will issue a purchase order number. If the repair is simple, the specialist can provide payment at the time of the first call. If the repair is more complicated, requiring additional authorization or several days to complete, you will be instructed to contact the MCC when the repairs are complete to receive payment. The MCC must approve any additions to the cost of the purchase order before you can begin work on additional items.

GSA has two methods of payment: MasterCard and Automated Clearing House (ACH). MasterCard is the preferred and most common method of payment. The MCC will issue a card number over the phone once repairs are completed.

ACH, a method of direct deposit, is GSA's secondary form of payment. To receive an ACH payment, you must have an agreement with GSA's payment contractor, Wright Express (WEX). If you do not have an agreement with WEX, contact the MCC for more information about ACH payments.

If a MasterCard payment fails to process, call the MCC at 866-400-0411. The most common problems are miscommunications about the card number, security code, expiration date, or zip code. The MCC specialist will provide any corrections to allow you to process the payment.

If you have a problem with an unpaid invoice, call the MCC at 866-400-0411. You will need to provide the GSA license plate, purchase order, and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) ready.

If you don't know who the driver is of a GSA vehicle in your shop, call the MCC at 866-400-0411. The MCC specialist will provide you with contact information for the driver.

If you need to perform repairs on a GSA-owned vehicle after hours, including weekends and holidays, call GSA Fleet at 866-939-4472. We can authorize and pay for limited repairs, or a GSA after-hours manager can assist with the repairs.

If you are located in the United States and want to become a GSA Fleet vendor, contact the nearest Fleet Management Center. If you are located in Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands and want to become a GSA Fleet vendor, please contact the Puerto Rico FMC at 787-749-4440.

Vendors may be required to register with the System for Award Management Program (SAM) before being considered for competitive procurements. SAM is a web-based system that encompasses all of the government systems used to validate vendor information for the purpose of federal contracts.

Register for SAM

  1. Go to the SAM website and create an account. You will receive an email for validation before you can register your business entity.
  2. Caution! Beware of non-government SAM websites. There are many .com and .org websites offering services to help with SAM registration and other issues for a fee; these are not government websites. Government-issued aid for vendors regarding SAM is free.
  3. Make sure that you record your user identification (ID), password, and the answers to the three security questions. You will need this information later.
  4. After validating your account, log back into SAM and select "Manage Entity," then "Register New Entity."
  5. Make sure you have the following:
    • Your business's TIN
    • Your bank routing and account numbers
  6. You will need to enter the following North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes for auto body and general maintenance repairs:
    • Auto body repairs: 811121
    • Maintenance repairs: 811111
  7. Complete all mandatory fields! Do not enter "tax exempt" if you are exempt from your state. This field is for federal tax exemption only.
  8. If you have any problems completing the SAM registration process, contact the SAM help desk at 866-606-8220.
  9. Once you complete your business's registration with SAM, notify the AMC at 866-400-0411 (select option 2, then select option 2 again) to update the information in our database.

Here are additional resources about registering for SAM:

Last Reviewed: 2023-02-28