Accident Management Center (AMC)

Accident Management Center (AMC)

You can report accidents and incidents, coordinate vehicle repairs, and initiate third-party claims by contacting the Accident Management Center (AMC).

Hours of operation are 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. (CST), Monday through Friday.

To contact the AMC, call 866-400-0411 and select option 2.

If you are located in the U.S. and require additional assistance, please email

Accident Report Forms

As a driver, you are responsible for reporting mishaps to the AMC. When reporting an incident, use the following forms:

GSA Drivers

GSA can assist you if you are involved in an accident in your GSA vehicle in the United States, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, or Italy. GSA Fleet cannot provide assistance outside of these locations. You will have to make arrangements to get the vehicle towed and repaired at your agency’s expense. Contact your agency for more information.

Public Drivers

If you are a member of the public involved in an accident with a GSA vehicle, you can file a claim against the government.

According to the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA), individuals who are injured or whose property is damaged by the wrongful or negligent act of a federal employee acting in the scope of his or her official duties may file a claim against the government for reimbursement for that injury or damage.

GSA Fleet vehicles are leased to other federal agencies. You can submit a claim to the agency leasing the vehicle, and the agency is responsible for processing the claim against the government.

Complete and submit a Claim for Damage, Injury, or Death (Standard Form 95) to the agency leasing the vehicle from GSA. GSA can help you identify the correct agency. Have the following information ready before contacting the AMC at 866-400-0411 and select option 2:

  • The complete tag number (GXX-XXXXX)
  • The date, time, and location of the crash
  • Information on police response
  • The vehicle identification number (VIN)
  • The vehicle’s manufacturer and model
  • Photos taken at the accident to help us identify the GSA vehicle involved

If GSA is able to properly identify the vehicle, we will direct you to the appropriate claims office with the responsible agency.

You must submit a claim within two years after the incident. If the agency mails you a denial of your claim within six months of receiving it, you have six months to file suit in federal district court. There is no period of limitations if the agency fails to act within six months of receiving the claim. See 28 U.S.C. § 2401.

If you need additional assistance and are located in the U.S., please email

If you are a U.S. citizen involved in an accident with a GSA vehicle outside of the U.S., complete and submit a Claim for Damage, Injury, or Death (Standard Form 95) to the U.S. Army claims department.

Last Reviewed: 2022-05-16