Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative for Office Supplies Fourth Generation (FSSI OS4)
Office of Management and Budget Named FSSI OS4 Best-in-Class
The Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative for Office Supplies Fourth Generation (FSSI OS4) is GSA’s latest FSSI solution and has been named Best-in-Class (BIC) for office supplies by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). It is comprised of two Enhanced Special Item Numbers (SINs). They are purchasing channel solutions that help federal customers achieve significant savings on their office supply purchases. The awards are the result of a collaborative team effort among customer agencies across the federal government.
This solution provides an opportunity to achieve significant savings and meet sustainable acquisition and other socioeconomic goals. A major objective of this solution is to increase opportunities for small business participation by at least five percent (5%).
Additional benefits include:
- Aligning purchasing with existing agency procurement practices;
- Capturing economies of scale;
- Consolidating orders with the new delivery order discounts feature and save as discounts are triggered on individual orders;
- Enabling achievement of socioeconomic goals;
- Ensuring compliance with applicable regulations to include the AbilityOne program, sustainable purchasing requirements, and the Trade Agreement Act;
- Fostering markets for sustainable technologies and environmentally preferable products;
- Providing ease of ordering;
- Providing point of sale compliance, ensuring that purchase card users automatically receive the OS4 price; and
- Simplifying data collection and enhancing transparency by enabling agencies to better manage expenditures and measure cost avoidance.