Information Integrity and Access
GSA’s Office of Information Integrity and Access works closely with OMB, the CIO Council, and other agencies to coordinate and facilitate the implementation of technology policy, large-scale IT initiatives, and legislation. Through guidance, active communities of practice, collaboration and shared services, we lead government-wide information technology (IT) initiatives in the areas of:
- Domain management;
- Information security;
- IT accessibility;
- IT infrastructure modernization; and
- IT spending transparency.
We manage the .gov top-level domain registry service, which supports the U.S. Government’s web presence with trusted internet transactions. We also monitor and report on policy compliance and best practices for Federal websites and digital services.
- DotGov domain registry - Learn about the registration process or download data about .gov domains.
- Pulse - How federal government domains are meeting best practices on the web.
We support identity, credential, and access management (ICAM) activities across the federal government, such as managing the design, development and implementation of the Federal Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Architecture in the Federal PKI Shared Service Provider Program. We also lead the interagency Federal PKI Policy Authority to uphold digital certificate standards for government-wide trusted digital identity and transactions.
- IDmanagement.gov - Identity, credential, and access management tools and support
- Federal PKI Policy Authority
As the government’s principal advocate and coordinator for IT accessibility, we provide training, technical assistance and online tools to support compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, and conformance to the Revised 508 Standards, to ensure the Federal government’s technology products and services are accessible to all.
- Section508.gov - Technical guidance to help Federal agencies implement accessible IT.
- Accessibility Requirements Tool (ART) - Produce technically accurate documentation to ensure the IT your agency buys or builds is accessible to persons with disabilities.
We help agencies optimize their data center and IT infrastructure through development and sharing of technologies, tools and evidence-based best practices. We also lead the Cloud & Infrastructure Community of Practice (C&I CoP).
- Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) - Helps federal agencies meet OMB requirements to consolidate and modernize IT infrastructure.
We coordinate government-wide efforts around technology budget and spending initiatives.
Electronic Capital Planning and Investment Control (eCPIC) - IT capital planning process tools and support.
Technology Business Management (TBM) - Categorize IT spending, resulting in a better understanding of IT resources, how they’re used, and what drives cost.