Office of Mission Assurance
The GSA Office of Mission Assurance (OMA) Central Office and Regional staff provides agency-wide leadership and coordination for emergency management and security policy, including occupant emergency planning, response and recovery, personal identity verification, physical security, personnel security and suitability activities. OMA responsibilities include:
- Continuity of Operations Planning in accordance with the National Continuity Policy and Federal Continuity Directive 1 and 2
- Emergency Support Function 7 and 2 support under the National Response Framework. ESF-7 co-leads with the Federal Protective Service (FPS) for Government Facilities Sector under National Infrastructure Protection Plan
- Coordinates with FPS to ensure safety and security of GSA owned and leased buildings and building occupants
- Workplace Violence Prevention
- Providing Situation Awareness to GSA staff and leadership through the GSA Emergency Operations Center
For emergency contact and policy information to be used during a disaster, please visit the Emergency Response page.