Selected Reading On General Waterproofing And Roofing
- Procedure code:
- Preservation Technology Source Book
- Thermal and Moisture Protection
- Last Modified:
This standard includes a listing of some known sources that may be referenced for additional information on specific issues relating to this subject.
- Bucher, Wm. Ward. "Drying-In and Drying-Out; Flood-Damage Lessons From Hurricane Hugo." The Old-House Journal, March/April 1991, pp. 40-43.
- Byrne, Richard. "On the Roof - How to Inspect and MaintainIt." Canadian Heritage, February 1982, pp. 38-40.
- Gibson, D. Jameson Jr. "Waterproofing Historic Foundations." The Old-House Journal, May/June 1992, pp. 41-45.
- Jones, Larry. "Dry Up Your Wet Basement." The Old-House Journal, August/September 1984, pp. 150-151.
- Labine, Clem. "Roofing: Repair Or Replace?" The Old-House Journal, February 1981, pp. 29-32.
- ________. "Elegant Roofing." Traditional Building, May/June 1993, Vol.6, No. 3, pp. 39-53.
- ________. "Roofs with Character." Traditional Building, November/December 1989, Vol. 2, No. 6, pp. 17-20.
- ________. "How to Repair an Old Roof." The Old-House Journal, April 1983, pp. 64-69.
- Labine, Clem, and Judith Siegel Lief. "The Rise of the Ornamental Roof." Traditional Building, May/June 1992, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 35-46.
- Leeke, John. "Water in the Cellar; Where is it Coming From? How Can You Stop It? The Old-House Journal, May/June 1992, pp. 35-40.
- Schechtman, Jonathan T. "Bailing out of Wet Basements." The Old-House Journal, August 1981, pp. 169-173.
- ________. "Wet Basements." The Old-House Journal, June 1981, pp. 123, 140-143.
- Sweetser, Sarah M. "Roofing for Historic Buildings." Preservation Briefs #4. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of the Interior, 1978.
- Technical Staff, OHJ. "Maintaining Your Roof: Inspection Checklist." The Old-House Journal, April 1983, p. 72.
- Technical Staff, TB. "Sheetmetal Embellishments", and "Sheetmetal Ornament Sourcelist." Traditional Building, March/April 1993, Vol.6, No. 2, pp. 29-34.
- Addleson, Lyall. Building Failures, A Guide to Diagnosis, Remedy and Prevention. 2nd ed. London: Butterworth Architecture, 1989.
- Belle, John, John R. Hoke, and Stephen A. Kliment, eds. Traditional Details for Building Restoration, Renovation, and Rehabilitation; From the 1932-1951 Editions of "Architectural Graphic Standards". New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1991.
- Gayle, Margot, David W. Look, and John G. Waite. Metals in America's Historic Buildings. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of the Interior, 1980.
- McCampbell, B. Harrison. Problems in Roofing Design. Boston: Butterworth Architecture, 1991.
- Weaver, Martin E., with F. G. Matero. Conserving Buildings: Guide to Techniques and Materials. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1993
print Last Reviewed 2017-11-30