Supporting the federal government's response to new technologies, through policy and best practices.
What We Do
- Discover New Technologies - We monitor new and emerging technology, adding daily to the more than 1,000 technologies currently identified. The result is a balanced portfolio of near- and long-term emerging technologies from every category of IT.
- Analyze and Advise - New technology can improve the way we work and interact with the public. We assess potential impacts of new technologies on the federal government and recommend policy to support response and adoption.
What is an Emerging Technology?
- New to government - Used everywhere except the government.
- Clear disruptors - New technologies that are becoming the standard.
- Futuristic - Has the potential to significantly change the way the government operates in the next 5-15 years.
How We Do It
If your agency has encountered challenges bringing in new technologies due to lack of federal guidance, need best practices, or see a need for policy updates please contact us at OGPEmergingTech@gsa.gov.