Short Term Rentals (STR)
GSA Fleet Short Term Rentals (STR) program supplies vehicles and equipment to all federal agencies to fulfill short term and temporary needs. GSA handles the procurement, so you can quickly obtain the resources you need to complete your mission. For seasonal work, special events, or surge requirement -- the STR program has the vehicles and equipment to meet your needs. STR can not be used for travel proposes. Log in to WebSTR to submit a vehicle or equipment rental request. You can also track requests, accept quotes and view rental histories once logged in. New users must first register. A GSA Billing Office Account Code (BOAC) is required for registration. If you do not have a BOAC, you can request one through the STR Office. This process may take up to two weeks.
Enhancements and New Fee in FY19!
In FY19, the launched a redesigned, intuitive website with enhanced reporting capabilities. The website was developed based on customer feedback and will provide an easy, one-stop shop for vehicles and equipment.
The “STR On-Demand” pilot, an innovative product that allows customers to interact directly with a vendor’s website to schedule rentals will be introduced with the new STR platform. On-Demand will allow customers to name a generic period of performance and allow them to schedule vehicle rentals in real time at the vendor’s website, eliminating the need to cancel STR awards when dates change.
STR also begin charging fees in FY19 to ensure that STR can continue to offer innovative services and keep up with increased demand. The sliding-scale fee is detailed in the table below and will be applied to the total amount of award issued by request number.
|STR Award Amount||Fee|
|Less than $701||$35|
|$701 - $5,000||4.00%|
|$5,001 - $10,000||3.00%|
|$10,001 - $50,000||2.00%|
|Greater than $50,000||1.00%|
Benefits of STR:
- GSA handles the entire procurement process;
- Every request is competed to obtain the lowest rate possible;
- There is no limit on the number of drivers;
- An online request system is available 24/7;
- For GSA Fleet leasing customers charges will appear as a separate line item on the monthly bill;
- Eliminate ownership and maintenance costs for vehicles/equipment used infrequently;
- Always have the right equipment for the mission;
- Fuel cards are available; and
- Rentals are tax exempt and a Government Administrative Rate Supplement (GARS) does not apply in most states.
Note: For a complete list of vehicles and equipment, see the ceiling rates below.
The shortcut for this page is gsa.gov/str