James V. Hansen Federal Building, Ogden, UT
Location: 324 Grant Ave, Ogden, UT 84401
The Federal Building United States Court House (now the James V. Hansen Federal Building) was designed by Keith W. Wilcox and Associates and constructed from 1963 1965. Keith W. Wilcox and Associates was an architectural firm located in Ogden, Utah. Wilcox had degrees in Mechanical Engineering and Architecture. Other buildings he was responsible for designing include the Washington D.C. Mormon Temple, the original McKay-Dee Hospital in Ogden and multiple schools in the Ogden and Weber School Districts.
A bill to rename the building the James V. Hansen Federal Building passed the House on April 21, 2004, passed the Senate on December 7, 2004, and was signed by President George W. Bush on December 21, 2004. Hansen was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah. He served in the U.S. Navy from 1951 to 1955 and then attended the University of Utah, where he earned a business degree. After college he worked as an insurance agent and was elected to Farmington City Council. Hansen was elected to the Utah House of Representatives in 1973. He held that position until 1980 when he was elected to the United States House of Representatives. As a Congressman, he served as the Chairman of the House Ethics Committee and Chairman of the House Resources Committee. Hansen remained in office until January 3, 2003, when he retired. A portion of US-89 in Utah was renamed the James V. Hansen Highway when it was upgraded to freeway standards.
- Architects: Keith W. Wilcox and Associates
- Construction Dates: 1963-1965
- GSA Building Number: UT0035ZZ
- National Register of Historic Places Landmark Status: Not Evaluated