Technology Transformation Services American Rescue Plan
On March 11, 2021, President Biden signed the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 into law. As part of this $1.9 trillion rescue package, Congress included $150 million to the Federal Citizen Services Fund within GSA. The Technology Transformation Services will manage the $150 million and spend it on projects through fiscal year 2024.
The ARP delivers essential relief to families and communities hit hardest by the pandemic. It also includes critical resources to strengthen the technology infrastructure that federal agencies use. GSA is uniquely positioned for cross-agency coordination and delivery, playing a vital role in partnerships across the federal government.
Focused on making the biggest impact, TTS aligned FCSF investments to four main categories:
- Recover: Providing immediate recovery support to the public in the wake of the pandemic
- Rebuild: Rebuilding existing government-wide citizen-facing services to improve the public’s digital experience
- Reimagine: Reimagining the delivery of digital services to improve transparency, security, and efficiency to bolster public confidence in government
- Resource: Resourcing GSA to implement the ARP program and enable delivery teams
See the impact FCSF ARP is driving forward in the TTS ARP End of Year Review (FY22) [PDF - 1 MB].
Improved outreach to underserved communities, helping a business owner in Salt Lake City use the language assistance he needed to complete his loan application.
Role of TTS
TTS actively supports government-wide, citizen-facing services to make them more accessible, efficient, and effective with modern applications, personnel, and software solutions.
- Reimagine USAGov as the front door to government
- Investing in cloud adoption and reuse
- Modernizing the public search experience
- Verifying income for public benefits
- All projects
- President Biden Signs the American Rescue Plan, Boosts Funds to Secure and Modernize Technology
- GSA Announces Projects Selected to Receive American Rescue Plan (ARP) Funding for Citizen-Facing Digital Services
- Technology Transformation Services