The Building is a massive public building which is prominent in the Central Business District of Asheville, NC. It is an example of modernistic style, inspired in part by the 1925 Paris Exposition Internationale des Arts Decoratifs et Industrielles Modernes. It is significant as a stylistic example, in nearly original condition on the exterior, and as a symbol of the Federal presence in Asheville.
It is listed as a contributing building of the Downtown Asheville Historic District in the National Register of Historic Places.
Architect: Wetmore, James A.
Construction Date: 1930
GSA Building Number: NC0005AE
National Register of Historic Places Landmark Status: National Register Listed