2019 Compliance Report
I. Senior Agency Official for Plain Writing
Mark McHale, Associate Administrator for Office of Strategic Communications
Plain Language coordinators within the agency:
Katherine Spivey, Plain Language Launcher, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
II. Explain what specific types of agency communications have you released by making them available in a format that is consistent with the Plain Writing guidelines.
- Press releases
- GSA blog
- Great Government through Technology blog
- GSA.gov webpages
- Insite (intranet)
III. Inform agency staff of Plain Writing Act’s requirements
- Information on the Act is posted on InSite, the agency intranet, with shortcut.
- Plain Language Group on Salesforce Chatter (formed 1/3/2012) over 70 members.
- Feature articles on GSA InSite
- Mandatory online training class on Online University
IV. Agency provided the following training sessions:
- 11/8/18 - 49 FAS QP
- 11/13/18 - 25 FAS QP
- 12/6/18 - 16 FAS QP
- 3/27/19 - 103 FAS Workforce Transformation
- 4/4/19 - 57 FAS Workforce Transformation
- 6/6/19 - 6 Privacy
- 6/18/19 - 60 Personal Property Management sales managers
- 7/17/19 - 6 Human Resources Management
- 7/16/19 - 10 Personal Property Management
- 7/24/19 - 26 Human Resources Management
- 8/7/19 - 26 Human Resources Management
- 8/13/19 and 8/15/19 - 53 Office of Strategic Communications
- 8/14/19 - 46 Digital Gov class
- 8/20/19 and 8/22/19 - 46 Office of Strategic Communications
- 7/20 - 82 in-person attendees to first-ever federal PL summit. Over 580 people attended virtually.
* Office Hours
V. Ongoing compliance/ sustaining change
Name of agency contact for compliance issues: Katherine Spivey
VI. Agency’s plain writing website
Website address: www.gsa.gov/plainlanguage
VII. Customer Satisfaction Evaluation after Experiencing Plain Writing Communications
In July 2011, we created and posted an email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, published on our plain language page, www.gsa.gov/plainlanguage. In 2019, no one contacted us asking to clarify any GSA.gov page. We did get spam.