2021 Compliance Report
I. Senior Agency Official for Plain Writing
Tteressa Wykpisz-Lee , Associate Administrator, Office of Strategic Communications
Plain Language coordinator:
Katherine Spivey, Plain Language Launcher, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
II. Explain what specific types of agency communications have you released by making them available in a format that is consistent with the plain writing guidelines.
- Press releases
- GSA blog
- Great Government through Technology and GSA blogs
- GSA.gov webpages
III. Inform agency staff of Plain Writing Act’s requirements
- Information on the Act is posted on the agency intranet, with shortcut.
- Plain Language Group on Salesforce Chatter (formed 1/3/2012) over 65 members.
- Feature articles on GSA InSite
- Mandatory online training class on Online University
- Writing and plain language tips featured on weekly newsletter, GSA Today
IV. Agency provided the following training sessions:
- One-day virtual summit with 10 speakers and 525 attendees (Sept 2021)
- Two-day virtual summit with 11 speakers with 1816 attendees (Oct 2020)
- Better Digital Experience (June 2021) - 451 attendees
- Storytelling (July 2021) - 525 attendees
- Positioning Yourself as a Plain Language Editor (May 2021) - 348 attendees
- How Testing Documents Can Improve Plain Language Compliance (April 2021) - 609 attendees
- Plain Language and Section 508/Accessibility (March 2021) - 635 attendees
- Visual Teaching (February 2021) - 240 attendees
- 2020 Federal Report Card (January 2021) - 103 attendees)
V. Ongoing compliance/ sustaining change
Name of agency contact for compliance issues: Katherine Spivey
VI. Agency’s plain writing website
Website address: www.gsa.gov/plainlanguage
VII. Customer Satisfaction Evaluation after Experiencing Plain Writing Communications
In July 2011, we created and posted an email address, email@example.com, published on our plain language page, www.gsa.gov/plainlanguage. In 2021, no one contacted us asking to clarify any GSA.gov page. We did get spam.