Selected Reading On Lath And Plaster
- Procedure code:
- Preservation Technology Source Book
- Lath & Plaster
- Last Modified:
This standard includes a listing of some known sources that may be referenced for additional information on specific issues relating to this subject.
- Bock, Gordon. "Restoring a Ceiling; Traditional Techniques for Three-Coat Plaster and Moldings." The Old-House Journal, September/October 1990, pp. 50-55.
- Bucher, Wm. Ward. "(The) Crack Detective, Part I: Beginning the Investigation." The Old-House Journal, May 1981, pp. 97, 114-117.
- Flaharty, David. "Preserving Historic Ornamental Plaster." Preservation Briefs #23. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of the Interior, 1990.
- Garrison, John M. "Decorative Plaster: Running Cornices." The Old-House Journal, December 1984, pp. 213-219.
- ________. "Running Plaster Mouldings; Bench Work From Mixing to Mounting." The Old-House Journal, August/September 1984, pp. 136-141.
- Gozdan, Walt. "Latex Paint, Understanding the Advantages." The Old-House Journal, May/June 1991, pp. 30-31.
- Grimmer, Anne. "(The) Preservation and Repair of Historic Stucco." Preservation Briefs #22. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of the Interior, 1990.
- Jowers, Walter. "Three-Coat Plaster Patching." The Old-House Journal, July/August 1986, pp. 285-289.
- ________. "How to Repair Stucco." The Old-House Journal, May 1985, pp. 80-83.
- Labine, Clem. "Patching Cracks in Plaster." The Old-House Journal, July 1977, pp. 80-81.
- Leeke, John. "Saving Irreplaceable Plaster." The Old-House Journal, November/December 1987, pp. 51-55.
- MacDonald, Marylee. "Repairing Historic Flat Plaster Walls and Ceilings." Preservation Briefs #21. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of the Interior, 1989.
- Milner, John D. "The Use of Stucco and the Preservation of Mortar, Plaster/Stucco and Concrete." Preservation and Conservation: Principles and Practices. Proceedings of the North American International Regional Conference, 1972. Washington, D.C.: The Preservation Press, 1976,pp. 177-189.
- Minnery, Catherine & Donald. "Repairing Stucco." The Old- House Journal, July 1979, pp. 73, 77-79.
- O'Donnell, Bill. "Unwanted Texture Finish; How to Get Rid Of It." The Old-House Journal, October 1986, pp. 374-377.
- Phillips, Morgan W. "Adhesives for the Reattachment of Loose Plaster." APT Bulletin, Vol. XII, No. 2, 1980, pp. 37- 63.
- Poore, Patricia. "(The) Basics of Plaster Repair." The Old- House Journal, March/April 1988, pp. 29-33.
- Poore, Patricia & Jonathan. "What's Behind Sagging Plaster." The Old-House Journal, January/February 1983, pp. 24-25.
- Poore, Jonathan. "My Old-House Discovery: The Screw Gun." The Old-House Journal, January/February 1985, pp. 6-7.
- Technical Staff, OHJ. "(A) Plastering Glossary." The Old- House Journal, March/April 1988, pp. 34-35.
- Belle, John, John R. Hoke, and Stephen A. Kliment, eds. Traditional Details for Building Restoration, Renovation, and Rehabilitation; From the 1932-1951 Editions of "Architectural Graphic Standards". New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1991. 1984.
- Ashurst, John & Nicola. Practical Building Conservation. Vol. 3: Mortars, Plasters & Renders. New York: Halsted Press, 1988.
- Shivers, Natalie W. Walls & Molding: How To Care For Old and Historic Wood and Plaster. Washington, D.C.: The Preservation Press, 1990.
- Weaver, Martin E., with F. G. Matero. Conserving Buildings: Guide to Techniques and Materials. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1993.
Other References and Internet Sources
- Bleekman, III, George M., et. al. "Twentieth Century Building Materials: 1900-1950: An Annotated Bibliography." Washington, D.C.: Preservation Assistance Division, National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior; and, Murfreesboro, TN: Middle Tennessee State University, 1993
- Minnesota Lath & Plaster Bureau Reference Library www.MNlath-plaster.com/library
- Sacramento Valley Bureau for Lath and Plaster
print Last Reviewed 2017-11-30